Vols US

Le forum sur Qatar Airways
Répondre
AVION
A380

Vols US

Message par AVION »

La compagnie va ouvrir 4 nouvelles escales aux USA..ORD, ATL, DTW et BOS

The top executive of fast-growing Qatar Airways intends to double its U.S. footprint and said he's not worried by the current turmoil at new partner American Airlines.

Speaking to journalists at a luncheon today in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker said his airline's number of U.S. gateways will "soon" grow to seven, up from the three it flies to as of today.

Qatar Airways' current U.S. destinations are New York JFK, Washington Dulles and Houston Bush Intercontinental. The carrier also announced it will begin flying to Chicago O'Hare this April.

"After Chicago, we are going to start operating three more destinations," Al Baker said. "This will be Atlanta, Detroit and Boston."

He decline to give a precise timetable, but added: "It will be soon, because we have plans 15 to 16 destinations in our network next year."

Al Baker also said he's not worried by the state of affairs at American Airlines, one of the anchor carriers in the oneworld frequent-flier alliance that Qatar Airways joined earlier this month in a splashy ceremony in New York.

"Not at all," Al Baker quickly answered when asked if American's Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization and subsequent labor woes have given him reason to worry about the future of one of Qatar Aiways' newest strategic partners.

"I think it is just a restructuring of the cost base," Al Baker said of American's decision to file for bankruptcy protection. "They should have done it a long time ago. But they are a very resilient airline. I am sure that my friend (and American CEO) Tom Horton is going to do a very good job in reshaping American for the next decades."

And what of the prospect of a merger between American and US Airways, which has been making a strong play to force AA into merger talks?

"I think a merger will only make them stronger. It will not make them weaker," Al Baker said.

Al Baker said that's true "regardless" of who might take control of American. US Airways' proposal to merge with American calls for American's name and headquarters to remain, but for its management to give way to the team currently in US Airways' executive suite.

If such a merger comes to pass, Al Baker said, that "is something that they have to decide between them. Who is going to lead whom, which is very similar to United and Continental."

"At the end of the day, whatever they will do, I'm sure they will do in the best interest of the shareholders and their traveling passengers."

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinth ... o/1655711/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UY707
A380

ORD, haha

Message par UY707 »

et une autre claque pour AF qui fait ses valises :lol:
:evil: merci encore à tous les c-nn-rds qui se sont succédés sur la place depuis 1950 !!!
Répondre

Retourner vers « Qatar Airways »